02/06/2016

Talent of life living - Robert Biedroń



First of all, I would like to apologize for my long absence. 

I had a very intense period and it’s still the same. As you know I’m graduating, so I have lots of things to do and I have a great job, full of events, so I’m non-stop inspired and excited.
Every time I want to share it with you, but unfortunately there are just 24 hours in a day, so now I have a list of things to tell you. I promise, I’ll try to write more often. 

Let’s start from the Talent of life living.
Two weeks ago I was at a great conference called #LeadersOfTomorrow. It was organized in my Alma Mater - the University of Economics in Katowice, by our new Rector -
Prof. Robert Tomanek, Ph.D.. I’ll make a separate post about my personal experience, because I was making notes during the whole conference. I want to share it with you, because it’s a great practical experience. The idea was to expose leadership skills of students with the help of open dialog with successful people. 

One of the most open people at that conference was Robert Biedroń, a Polish LGBT activist and politician. He was previously a member of Social Democracy of the Republic of Poland party and the Democratic Left Alliance member of Your Movement. He also serves on the board of the Polish Campaign Against Homophobia. Formerly a member of the Sejm, he is currently the mayor of Słupsk. This is the information you’re able to find in Wikipedia. But I want to tell you not about his biography, but about his spirit and charm.

His speech was very inspiring and he started from telling us that he can make mistakes and we all can interrupt him and ask about everything we want. I’m crazy about details! The most important for me was that he wasn’t sitting during his speech and everyone saw that he was a little bit nervous at the beginning. He looked so natural, not like a politician. I had a feeling he invited me for a cup of tea to discuss the problem of discrimination. 

The key thesis of the speech was: “Variety is an imminent feature of any society.”

After the conference I asked him some questions for myself and I got a great answer that I wanted to hear: ”Be yourself and do what you do, you’re great in the way you are “. I think, this phrase can easily explain the sense of this personality.
Why is Robert Biedroń so inspiring? Because he is easygoing. I think this trait is very important and it’s the key for success.
It seems that now I can easily send him an e-mail – tell him that I'm in the city at the moment and invite him for a warm talk with a cup of coffee, maybe beer;)  I don’t know yet if it may really happen...

Just try to accept the fact that everyone is different to you and smile. It will make your life easier and more colourful. If you will try to interpret society as a colour palette, you will see how beautiful and unbelievably exciting your life is. People who surround you are very many-sided personalities. Just take a good look! 


Be creative, look around and #getinspiredbyantonina

No comments:

Post a Comment